Listings to Leads: Seller’s Inspections
INSPECT your home > IMPROVE your home > SELL your home
“Contingent upon a home inspection” means the buyers are allowed to change their minds if the home inspector scares them away!
INSPECTION PROOF YOUR SALE!
- Eliminate surprises that kill deals.
- Improve the value of your home before it’s listed.
- Sell for top dollar.
- Set your home apart from others in the market.
- Receive $550 worth of incentives to help with repairs!
- Receive money back when potential buyers purchase your report.
- Free warranties with every inspection.
- Choose Certainty to perform an inspection on the home you decide to purchase and receive a $50 discount.
Listing to Leads Program Information
1. You call and order a pre-sale inspection.
3. We perform an initial home inspection and deliver a report and video review.
4. You have the opportunity to accept $550 in incentives toward repairs (More info in the “Resources” section of this page).
5. You choose to make repairs, collect estimates, or leave the home as is. When you are finished, you have 2 choices. (1) You can send us receipts to add to the report for free, or (2) you can purchase a reinspect of the repaired items. Reinspected items which are no longer defective will be removed from the report completely.
6. At your signal, we will upload photos, a description of the home, and the finished report to inspectedhouses.com.
7. We will place a sign in your yard with a code that potential buyers can text to our number. This sends the buyers a link to the profile we’ve just created where they can view the home and your contact info, as well as purchase and download the report. The leads we collect will be sent back to your agent and the money collected from purchased reports will be sent to you!
- Once you have called and scheduled the pre-sale inspection, you will receive a confirmation email with the inspection details.
- Also included is a link to our resources page where you can read “How to Prepare Your Home for an Inspection.” This helps you create a cleaner report and avoid return trip fees (Also in the “Resources” section).
- We will inspect the home and provide a report and a free video review.
- Within 24 hours of the completed inspection, you will receive an email with login information for HomeGauge where you can view the report.
Repairs and Improvements
- You review the report and choose to make repairs, collect estimates, or do absolutely nothing. We advise you to discuss these options with your agent.
- We will be in touch with you and your agent every 2 weeks from the date of report delivery to check your progress.
- To help you with repairs and maintenance items, we have secured a special offer on behalf of inspectedhouses.com. You may click here to read more or view a brochure under the “Resources” section below.
WE DO NOT SELL OR SHARE YOUR INFORMATION! You must enroll yourself in the program if you wish to take advantage of the offer.
This incentive program is not required for Certainty Home Inspections’ prelisting process. It is simply a courtesy for you.
Reviewing the Repairs
- When you decide all repairs or changes are finished, you will need to contact our office. You have two options.
(1) For free, you can send us the receipts of any work you have completed. We will add these to the report as an attachment. The defects you have repaired will still be listed in the report with a note to instruct buyers to view those receipts regarding repairs.
(2) If you would rather have the repaired items removed from the report completely, you can call our office to schedule a re-inspect for $125, including 10 items or 1 hour. This re-inspection must occur within 30 days of the initial inspection.
Publishing the Report
- When finalized, the corrected report will be uploaded to inspectedhouses.com along with any photographs and descriptions of the home you and your agent wish to provide.
We will NOT be posting a status or price on the home, as our goal is to sell the report only.
- You will receive an automatic email asking you to publish your home to this site.
- We will schedule a time with you when we can place a sign in your yard. This sign states that the home has been inspected and instructs interested buyers to text a code to our number. This will take them to the site where they can view the home and purchase the inspection report.
Any money collected from the purchase of the report will be returned to you after the home is sold (minus a card processing fee).
- You CAN provide the report for free. We are trying to help reimburse your cost for inspection, but you are welcome to skip this step if you and your agent decide that is your preference. If you’d like us to add a special note to the home’s page offering this option, we can do that as well. Please let us know.
- The information captured from potential buyers will be sent directly to your agent so they can follow up.
Deactivating the Property Site
- When the home sells, please contact us to deactivate the property and collect our sign.
- Funds collected from purchased reports are delivered 30 days after the site is deactivated.
- I will have to disclose what the inspector finds.
A buyer’s inspector will find it anyway…in the middle of a deal. You will either negotiate a lower price, or pay rush charges to have it fixed instead of having time to shop around for the best prices.
- I will have to pay for the inspection.
You can accept incentives toward repair costs, helping cover the cost of inspection. Any repairs you make will increase the value of the home, allowing you to list for more money. Negotiations which lower sales price are all but eliminated and you receive money for downloads. You’re likely to make more money than you spend.
- A buyer’s inspector will find something you didn’t.
We will NOT find everything. We’re there to find the large money items, not the picky details. Other inspectors will have to look very hard to find something substantial to report. We always adhere to our state standards and are especially thorough on pre-sale inspections for this reason. We want to provide an iron clad inspection. Any new findings will be cosmetic concerns only. To further protect you, we offer free warranties with every inspection. If something does change after inspection (a mechanical failure for example) please check our warranty policies to see if you are covered. Click here to read more.
- What if an AC or something else fails after you leave? Does this work like an insurance policy?
This pre-sale inspection is NOT a home insurance policy. Inspections may not eliminate all roadblocks to closing, but they do significantly decrease the number of items that will need to be addressed during re-negotiations.
Second, every home inspection we do comes with a list of FREE warranties that cover a wide variety of common issues after a home inspection. Click here to read the policies.
- What if the home sits a long time and new issues arise.
This is unlikely in today’s market. Regardless, for 10% off normal home inspection price (not other services) we will do a new inspection for the buyer. They will receive a written report after signing our service agreement. We recommend all buyers purchase their own report. They get updated warranties and legal protection.
- What if the home is under contract but has not been removed from your site when an interested person downloads the report?
We do not want anyone to waste their money on a report that does not have the potential to benefit them. Refunds are easily obtained in these situations.